- Dr. Huang was invited to give a research talk at the University of Arkansas Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Welcome to the Huang Group at VCU!
We are located on the 2nd floor of Biotech One Building. Our lab applies a multidisciplinary approach encompassing the fields of organic and peptide synthesis, chemoproteomics, enzymology, and cell biology. We focus on:
- Understanding the molecular mechanisms of protein post-translational modifications including methylation, acetylation, and phosphorylation
- Design and synthesis of selective and potent inhibitors including new small molecules, peptidomimetics, and peptide conjugates to manipulate and probe the epigenetic pathways
- Development of novel and targeted epigenetic therapies for cancer and other diseases
- Dr. Huang has received her R01 to support the lab research for 5 years from NIH/NIGMS!
- Congratulation to Brie who has been awarded to a Student Fellowship at Cambridge Healthtech Institute's Discovery On Target 2016 to present her work titled Photoaffinity probes for protein N-terminal methyltransferase in Boston, September 20-22, 2016